Friday, December 3, 2010

Today seemed like a bit of a struggle. The bleakness of the sky and the harsh bite of the wind were ones to encourage melancholy. Melancholy had been evaded so far and set on the shelves to collect dust and be forgotten. Not today. It was if I had stumbled upon it, knowing all along it would reveal itself to me. I had laid in bed engulfed in the comforts of my quilt with the company of a companion whose love will never wane. Yet, I realized what I wanted the very most I could not have. At least for now. Many times I have repeated to myself "Patience is a Virtue" knowing every time I recite it patience would reward me. But my patience is being tested. It seems as if it threatens to spill over the brim. How can one person deserve so much patience? Why this person? Why? Out of the billions of people in this world, why this one individual? I did not ever think this person would ever make me feel this way. However, I begin to discover my nativity. Knowing one must move on but really must I move on? This is too important. This is something bigger that I can't explain. In time, everything will reveal itself. I will not give up on anything. I refuse to blindly let go of this. Why? Why is love not enough sometimes? That too will not be given up so easily. Today will end and a new day tomorrow. A smile will mask all. I once was told, we play many roles in life and we must convincingly portray our different characters. Tomorrow will be the day where I shine for the world, sharing my smile and kindness, and being the muse for everyone's entertainment. It's the easiest part to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment